Saturday, November 10, 2007

The 38B

So generally taking the 38B is a pain in the ass* because it's occupied by a bunch of f'ing crazies. Today however, the not-single girl sitting behind me had the 38B's best conversation ever.

Scenario: she's reading some crazy book about design, and the guy sitting next to her starts talking to her. In. A. French. Accent.
They had some language barrier issues, but I learned that he came here from France (Provence possibly) 2 weeks ago to work at a new framing store over by Cady's Alley. He's also a sculptor. As we got into Arlington I think the conversation got a little more intimate... I think he might have asked her if they could meet up in the future, since he gets off of work at 6. I was stalling and waited until the stop after I usually get off (when she got off too) to see if anything interesting was going to happen.

So I was thisclose to saying to her "So I guess you're not single" when we got off the bus. But I wasn't going to be taken as snarky (it wouldn't have really been snarky, I was curious). So not-single girls, if you see the maybe-cute** Frenchman on the bus, make sure you let a single girl get a bit of a thrill on the way home.

*compared to the blue bus...
**I only saw his reflection is the plastic barrier that separates the part of the bus up the stairs from the rest of it.

2. I am a not-single girl, so I'm not saying that she should have let me sit next to him, but you know, girls go for those accents... He probably had pretty manly hands too.

No comments: